Since 1981, Mr. Whittler’s focus has been the representation of clients in business and real estate transactions, with particular expertise in sales and leasing of retail, industrial, office and hotel properties. His experience also includes the representation of various businesses and non-profit organizations.
Mr. Whittler is a member of the Downtown San Diego Partnership and has also served as a President of the San Diego Hall of Champions and as a member of the Board of Trustees of St. Augustine High School. He is past Chairman of the San Diego Transportation Management Association and former member and Chairman of the San Diego County Assessment Appeals Board.
Mr. Whittler was born and raised in San Diego. He graduated from San Diego State University in 1971 and from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1974. Since 1981, he has practiced in San Diego as a member of the firm.
Representative transactions include:
- Representation of a developer entity in connection with development, financing and leasing of office tower and the subsequent sale for approximately $200,000,000.
- Representation of a major San Diego auto dealer in connection with acquisition and development of multiple sites and dealerships.
- Representation of major San Diego businesses in connection with business and real estate transactions including sales, acquisitions, leasing, credit restructure and financing transactions.
- Representation of tenants in connection with commercial leases for retail and office properties.
- Representation of property owners in leases, sales and development, and transactions with governmental agencies, including the Port District, the City of San Diego and other municipalities.
- Representation of property owners in connection with acquisition, sales, leasing and financing of unimproved and improved real property ranging in values from $3,000,000 to $130,000,000.